Harbour Dental Practice is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to meeting our obligations under the Data Protection Act of 1998. Harbour Dental Practice will comply with the law in the collection and processing of personal data and will deal promptly with any subject access request.
We collect data about patients who use our services that is relevant to their healthcare and that allows Harbour Dental Practice to deliver its services to our patients. We process personal information about our patients, customers, suppliers and employees.
The types of data we may collect are listed below and we will only use that data in ways relevant to carrying out our legitimate purposes and functions and in a way that is not detrimental to the interests of our patients or employees. Harbour Dental Practice will take particular care in the collection and storage of any personal sensitive data. Everyone working within Harbour Dental Practice has a legal duty to keep information about you confidential. Similarly, anyone who receives information from us has a legal duty to keep it confidential.
Model publication scheme:
Guide to information provided by NHS dentists under the model publication scheme click here for details
Collection of data:
The dental professionals caring for you keep records about your health and any treatment and care you receive from our practices. These records help to ensure that you receive the best possible care. They may be written down in paper records or held on computer. These records may include:
- Basic details about you such as name, address, date of birth, next of kin, etc.
- Contact we have had with you such as appointments.
- Notes and reports about your health, treatment and care.
- Results of x-rays.
- Relevant information from people who care for you and know you well such as health professionals and relatives.
- Financial information for payment of any treatments
It is essential that your details are accurate and up to date. Always check that your personal details are correct when you visit us and please inform us of any changes as soon as possible.
How your personal information is used:
Your records are used to direct, manage and deliver the care you receive to ensure that:
- The dental professionals involved in your care have accurate and up to date information to assess your oral health and decide on the most appropriate care for you.
- Healthcare professionals have the information they need to be able to assess and improve the quality and type of care you receive.
- Your concerns can be properly investigated if a complaint is raised.
- Appropriate information is available if you see another dental professional, or are referred to a specialist.
- Fromtime-to-time we may use your contact information to send you details of products and services offered in our practices that directly relate to your oral healthcare.
We may collect technical data about the type of Internet browser and computer operating system that you use. This information does not identify you as an individual and is used only for tracking of site use.
Harbour Dental Practice may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Harbour Dental Practice or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or unsubscribing via our email communications. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at:
Harbour Dental Practice
23-25 Crewe Road
Cheshire, CW11 4NE
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information:
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 for computerised records and up to £50 for any non-digital x-ray copies that are required to provide you with details of the information you have requested.